Health and Safety
Here's all our Health & Safety information you need to know:
All Visitors, Client, Exhibitor and Contractors MUST adhere to the following venue rules:
- Follow Transport World venue and security staff safety instructions at all times.
- Make yourself familiar with and adhere to all Safety signage and instructions.
- Correct/valid ID passes must be carried at all times.
- Sign in/out at your advised appropriate entry point.
- Mobile phone use is not permitted while operating vehicles and machinery or while in dangerous work areas.
- Park only in a designated park.
- Smoking and vaping is not permitted inside any of the venue or work/loading zone/door areas.
- Anybody entering this site whose actions/behaviour/appearance/conduct suggests that alcohol or drugs maybe impacting on their ability to take responsibility for their own safety and that of others, will be refused entry. If you are a regular contractor within the Transport World group, you maybe asked to provide a negative drug test result.
During pack in and pack out stages All persons MUST adhere to the following
- At the venue’s discretion, no children 16 years or under are permitted onsite at any time during pack in and pack out stages, or as discussed with your Venue Liaison.
- Clients, exhibitors, and contractors are all required to be inducted, have ID on hand and wear specified PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in the venue during the pack-in and pack-out stages.
- High-visibility vest (orange or yellow). Orange when working with traffic
- Closed toed footwear is a minimum requirement during pack-in and pack-out
- Other PPE appropriate to the risk e.g. safety footwear, safety helmet, working at heights harness. This will be captured on the hazard board if required
- All Forklifts/lifting platforms for height work/machinery/ladders and tools to be compliant and safe and are only to be used by those trained to do so, for licenced operators ID is required.
- Best safety practices to be always used.
- Indoor vehicle Speed Limit is 5kph for any vehicles operating within the venue and hazard lights must be flashing. Use of vehicles inside venue to be preauthorised. Spotters may be required with large vehicles and trailers.
- No vehicles to use Bill’s Shed loading zone off Inglewood Road, unless permitted to do so. Parking in loading zones is not permitted unless authorised by venue management.
- All electrical equipment is required to be tagged and tested. Phone chargers and personal laptops are excluded except for when left unattended and or used for display purposes during the event.
- All ACCIDENTS/INCIDENTS/NEAR MISSES/SPILLS or any new HAZARDS must be reported to Event Organiser and Transport World staff immediately.
- All Contractors must:
- Sign in on arrival
- Submit H & S plans to the event organizer or Transport World staff
- update the venue hazard board with any hazards they bring onsite with controls
- In the event of an emergency, you will be required to proceed immediately to the assembly point indicated on the emergency plan and hazard board.
Failure to acknowledge or to comply with the venue health and safety requirements may result in your removal from the site.
By signing the visitor/contractor book, or designated sign in form, you agree to the venue rules listed above.
Additional Health & Safey documentation is available below.